API Development Guidelines
This section provides guidelines for developing an app using Syncplicity APIs.
Syncplicity API Gateway enforces rate-limiting in order to prevent abuse by third-party services, apps and/or users. In the event that an excessive level of API usage is reached, a HTTP Retry Header with "429 Too Many Requests" error will be returned. The body of response will contain information about exceeded limit.
In the event that back-to-back 429s are received, we recommend you to implement an exponential backoff algorithm for retrying starting with first retry after a minimum of 10 seconds.
We recommend you to follow the API call limits described below:
- Applications should not exceed the number of 10800 calls per 1 hour per one app.
- Applications should not exceed the rate of 15 requests per second.
If you keep hitting these limits, contact our Syncplicity Support team and we'll work with you.
There are some other limits, see table below.
|Entities per call||100||The maximum number of objects in array, allowed to pass in one request. For example, if you want to add a lot of participants of syncpoint in one request, the maximum allowed number would be 100. Applied to services:
|Entities per call 2||20||The maximum number of objects in array, allowed to pass in one request. For example, if you want to add a lot of folders in one request, the maximum allowed number would be 20. Applied to services:
|Groups per Company||500,000||The maximum number of groups per one company|
|Members per Group||500,000||The maximum number of users per one group|
|Links per User (Sent)||10,000||The maximum number of shared links one user is able to create|
|Participants per Syncpoint (users + groups)||1,000||The maximum number of participants per syncpoint per one user|
|Synpoints per User||200||The maximum number of syncpoints per one user|
|Syncpoints per Company||10,000,000||The maximum number of syncpoints per one company|
|Policy Sets per Company||50||The maximum number of policy sets per one company|
|Files per User||1,000,000 Active Files||The maximum number of file per one user. Active means - non deleted.|
|Files per Syncpoint||500,000 Active Files||The maximum number of files per one syncpoint. Active means - non deleted.|
|Files & Folders per Directory||50,000 Active Files + Sub-folders||The maximum number of files and folders per one directory. Only active files are considered.|
|Folders per Syncpoint||200,000 Sub-folders||The maximum number of folders per one syncpoint|
If above limits will be reached, an error 403 Max Limit On Creation Reached will be returned
We love the fact that you are building integrations with Syncplicity platform using our APIs. However, there are some branding guidelines we would like you to follow.
- Read documentation and follow the development guidelines.
- Refer to us as Syncplicity, Syncplicity.com.
- Keep your contact info in my.syncplicity.com and app information in the Developer Portal current so that we can reach out to if needed.
- Reach out to us if you have any question about APIs or confusion about brandling guidelines.
- The app name should not include "Syncplicity" or, anything that can be mistaken for an official Syncplicity application. For e.g. "Acme Provisioning Tool" is clearly a distinct name while "Syncplicity App for Provisioning" is not.
- Do not use our logo, or anything similar, as the logo for your application.
- Do not refer to us by abbreviations such as Sync, Syncp, or likes.
- Do not suggest that there is a partnership with Syncplicity or that Syncplicity endorses your application on your website or marketing materials without prior permission. For e.g. you can say "we develop using Syncplicity APIs" but not "we partner with Syncplicity" or "Syncplicity API partners" or anything to that affect.
Have feedback or more questions?
This is a living document, and we will continue to improve based on your collaborative feedback. Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.